Monday, February 11, 2008

Nanny Diaries

Those close to me know that I am a movie buff. I love movies and I thought that I would use this media outlet to give some perspective and insight to our movie culture. That being said I never thought that my first movie post would be a "Chick Flick" called Nanny Diaries. The movie was billed as a comedy but Cessie and I were appalled at the dark nature of the rich white folks. The most disturbing was the constant desire of the nanny to keep the kids quiet and out of the way. The crazy irony is that the mothers had no job or responsibilities except to manage their households, the women just could not find time for themselves so they hired nanny's to cook, clean, teach and love their children. The rich dad's where completely disconnected, worked too much and had mistresses on the side. It was an eye opening view into the world of the rich and it reinforces that money does not buy love.

Rating *** stars out of 5 stars

4 comments:

Jason Ebeling said...

ok, if that "glowing review" gets a 3 star what would it take to get less?

KingMaker said...

3 stars cuz I watched it with my wife and I never thought I would get any thing out of it. There are some good "what not to do, extreme examples" for illustration purposes

KingMaker said...

so i grade on a curve, "Kiss it":P

Jason Ebeling said...

I get it. So if you watched it alone it'd score even worse. Is that because you don't do "chick flicks" unless you're with your wife?