Monday, February 18, 2008

I am Trying Part 2

So we established that I am a self proclaimed movie buff. So it is not surprising that I got part of the question "what gives God?" answered from a movie. It has been a growing frustration that we are not where we are supposed to be, in Greenville, support raised...yada, yada, yada. Well, along come a little movie called Facing The Giants, and I know what you are thinking, "no not the sappy Christian, low budget flick. How cliche'! " But I have to say the movie was good, and I waited to watch it for that "cliche'" reason. I was afraid it was a church jargon fest, with a classic southern church feel. Honestly, it had its moments, especially when they won the big game, and they wanted to celebrate by praising God. So their best offering was to kneel and silence the room. What about celebration songs together? What about press conferences, declaring the favor of the Lord? Maybe I am not spiritual enough, or too much but I would be up, standing, praising, singing!...Whoo hoo!

Alright back to the "I am Trying part." The one line that got me was, when the old man who had been praying for revival in the school for the last 20 years came to the coach's office with a "word from the Lord." He gave the "open door" speech, very moving, and left with a short parable.

Two farmers where praying for rain during a drought. One man prayed and did nothing and the other farmer prayed and began to prepare his field to receive the rain. Which one do you think got the rain?

Well it got me thinking, I have been the one waiting and not preparing. I heard God, but have not prepared my fields. Now, I have done the minimum requirements, getting my house on the market...etc. But, I haven't been "preparing my field" by being aggressive in my prayerful preparation, creating lesson plans and family bible studies, on top of pushing in harder to raise support and finish my ministry vision, mission, purpose on the Fatherhood of God. We spent most of last year not knowing what was in store for our family, so I kept pressing in, opening all the doors God would open. Now that we have the answer, everything has slowed down.

So the question is, "Is it laziness, lack of faith, or some other personality quirk?". Maybe it is God's sovereign will working itself out, and I am over thinking the process and just need to wait on the Lord's timing. All I know is that when I ask God specifically if it is His will for us to go to Greenville, He says "I don't have to answer you anymore; I have spoken."

We are going; when and how remains to be seen.

Comments? Questions? Insights?

0 comments: