Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stop the Presses!!! Who ordered Snow??

(thanks for the pic, Jon)

Winter Stormwarning

Local Weather > LOCAL WEATHER ALERT for Winterville, NC (28590)

.Issued by The National Weather ServiceNewport, NC 3:40 am EST, Tue., Jan. 20, 2009
... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EST THIS EVENING...
A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EST THIS EVENING.
LOW PRESSURE DEVELOPING OFF THE SOUTH CAROLINA COAST THIS MORNING WILL INTENSIFY AS IT MOVES NORTHEAST OFF THE NORTH CAROLINA COAST THIS AFTERNOON. RAIN... OR A MIX OF RAIN AND SNOW WILL DEVELOP EARLY THIS MORNING THEN GRADUALLY CHANGE TO SNOW BY LATE MORNING. THE SNOW WILL END FROM WEST TO EAST DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON OR EARLY EVENING. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION ARE EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 2 TO 5 INCHES... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE.
A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED... THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS.

I might be rethinking heading north after all...no one said anything about SNOW! I wont know what to do, I have only seen snow fall from the sky once in my life and now I'll be living in 2 to 5 inches! Please tell me it's dehydrated instant potatoe flakes, right?! Snow bunnies set my heart at ease!

3 comments:

Laci Strickland said...

I had only seen snow once before I moved here, but I am surviving!!! It's FUN!!

surebeatsworkin' said...

I grew up in NH. Like Eskimos, we have about 40 words for snow up there. What we have here today is called "dixie-snow." The way I know its dixie-snow is that (1) People are panicking (2) It's only 3-4 inches and (3) People are driving 5 mph and still sliding off the road. If it wasn't kinda scary, it would be funny.

Sheila said...

YOU WIMP!!!! Broaden your horizons!!!! IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!!!
I'm told there's actually a chance that it might snow again the end of the week!!!