Monday, May 11, 2009

I know...no excuses...I gotta post more and that is that!

6 weeks is just too much time not to post. God is doing things and I just have to hatchet out the time to update this page. You can help...you have full permission to email me a scathing rebuke. I am getting more discipline about these things, just not 'this' thing.

Examples if self discipline recently:

1.I recently lost more than 20 pounds...down to a slim 215. No fad diets just eating right.

2.While as a 'stay at home' dad, I did all the house chores, dinner, laundry, kid taxi service...etc. (knowing me, this is a big deal...typically the longer i stay somewhere the messier things get...to have a clean house on my watch is kind of a breakthrough...just ask my wife after I cook a big meal.)

3.Consistency with the kids...Cessie tells me that I am good at this, so you will have to ask her...I think that I am just a meanie sometimes but Cessie likes my style...hopefully the kids will turn out OK.

Where I need improvement...

1. My regular DAILY devotion time...I want to do better. Maybe I am lazy or maybe I am still dealing with some rebellion issues associated with "a certain denomination" that made daily devotion equal to 'true' salvation.
I am not where I want to be (MY responsibility)and I miss time with God that I can never get back...like those great conversations on the boat with grandpa.

2. My Administration and paperwork skills...I am a very focused person, the trouble is that I never focus long enough on this area. I admittedly live moment to moment and am great at capitalizing on opportunities. Its those daily, consistant, administrative exercises (logging payments, filing paperwork, tracking numbers and trends) I get distracted and just need to focus more on the weekly duties. Like it or not, I am the president of a company, I got to get on the ball and stop working from behind and get ahead of the paperwork and stay there.

3. My wife and date nights...we used to have one every friday (rain or shine)...since moving to Greenville we have not had one for 4 months. Mostly because I wont call others and ask for Babysitting... partly because I dont know people that well around here to inconvenience them with our kids and the other part is it takes planning, 2 weeks to be nice and at least 1 week notice to be fair. I certainly love my wife and she deserves it and as the husband I must take the initiative on this.

4.Updating my blog, facebook, and newsletter....it is a shame that God is doing so many cool things and you don't get the privilege of celebrating them/Him with us.

If you want to help in any of these areas...well, I probably won't call you back anyway ;) Just Kidding! Any tips, techniques?

Wow, this post was kind of therapeutic!

3 comments:

Cessie said...

Yay! You finally did it! You're a great husband, even if we haven't been on a date in awhile. I love you babe!

Anonymous said...

I second that, your a great husband for my Cessie and a great dad for my grandbabies. I'm just the mother-in-law...=), what do I know.

Grandma Strickland said...

Set aside one morning a week to dedicate to paperwork. No interruptions! Tell the kids that daddy is working. They will learn. "You have not because you ask not." There are other young couples at Discovery who would be glad to swap date night babysitting chores, someone just needs to initiate the conversation. Cessie is your first priority after God. Make sure she knows it by carving out time just for the two of you.