Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My First official Sunday @ Discovery

Jason is the lead pastor here and a long time friend...almost 10 years...wait I think it has been 10 years this year...yikes. Well he gave me a chance 10 years ago to minister to students in his student ministry at KABC. I was a goofball, 19-20 year old who was very green and unfamiliar with church life and how to "do" ministry. Jason took me under his wing..errr...put up with me because I wouldn't stop showing up Wednesdays at around 2pm and leave for home around 10.

I dont know what got into him lately, but he heard my ideas and read my ministry plan over a year ago and felt like God has something instore for our ministries...TOGETHER. Old friends reunited? or maybe a green 29-30 year old tagging along to learn a thing or two about building ministry from the ground-up. I'd like to think both...I think he agrees too...I definitly know Lora (his wife) loves me around, being a bad influence on her kids and teaching them lots of sneaky annoying tricks (Luv ya Lora!:))

Jason gave us the week off, since we moved in Thurs, and where frazzled and the kids were sick...actually he is awesome and said that he just wanted me to attend for a few weeks and not feel pressure to jump right in and start running things (I tend to do that).

Jason had a tough week and Sunday service was a doozy, he said the word "Homo-sexual" a number of times. That word and others tend to raise the stress level and make Sundays hard...spiritually and emotionally. My first order of business and as the new tag-a-long from Florida (yes there have been others before me...many others...if you are missing a friend they probably moved here to Greenville and go to Discovery) I plan to pray. I want to pray on Sunday mornings and get as many people (especially men) to join me. Simple but not easy, Powerful but extremly mysterious. I would love to raise the level of anticipation people feel as they enter our service, like they expect to meet with God and offer their very best to Him.

5 comments:

Jason Ebeling said...

Really looking forward to that Aron. Glad you guys are here and excited to see what God has in store for you, KingMaker and Discovery.

Clippergirl56 said...

From a Discovery Partner "welcome, rest while you can because Jason loves to put people to work. Seriously, we are glad to have you.

surebeatsworkin' said...

When are you planning on gathering for prayer? I'd like to join you.

KingMaker said...

I am playing it by ear..whatever that means. But count on Sunday 8:30am til around 9:00 (I would love an hour but baby steps for now), so I can get back home and help out with the kids getting them to church...sound good?

surebeatsworkin' said...

I just looked at this @ 9:00am on Sunday. Oops. Let's talk and try and coordinate for next week. Call me at 412-8166.

Jon