Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Twice in a week

I just had my 1st 'Christian' chapel Service. It went really well. I had about 25 kids and adults which is 10% of the total camp. That was my average last summer, so its good to see. The sad thing is as I go from camp to camp, talking about godly things the older (15+) scouts are not interested at all. At one campsite I was ignored, by all 25 scouts and leaders except 4 and not one of them was an adult. I got a little emotional leaving that campsite, I just saw in action the disconnection MY generation and the 'boomer' generation has had with God and their children. In my humble opinion, having 'faith' in Scouts seems to be an inconvenience for many. Now I'd like to add their are some great Christians here too, there is a very obvious line between the two. In some sites God is embraced and in others God is treated with mild neglect. Keep praying for these scouts.

Got to swim this week, and shoot guns! The water was a glacial 65 degrees, with a 60 degree wind chill. Once you get wet you can't escape the cold! Caleb was shivering!

I know i promised pics...next time...

2 comments:

Dean and Mary said...

Sounds pretty sad to me. God has you there for a reason. I'm sure you're messages are being heard and even if it's a mustard seed, God is being planted there. You may not see the fruits but God can use many to help it grow. Keep your faith and continue to be strong. Dean and I are praying for you.
I know how cold Mt. Hood gets and I'm impressed that you're swimming up there. Brrrr... It sure is beautiful there though. I really miss all those big trees and the moss. Give Cessie my love.

Mary LaFollette

Random Dan Thoughts said...

This world does not naturally see the need for God. But take courage, bro, He is going to use you in some powerful ways. he put too many things in place for that not to be true.

"Father, I thank you for placing Aron in Oregon. Please let him see what You are up to and who he needs to reach out to. I want to ask you for a harvest for your kingdom. Use Aron for your purposes this summer. In Jesus name, Amen."

Love you bro.
Dan