Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Contract Day

Today is the day. We make it official tonight; the house will be under contract and we will move out June 1st. Things are moving very fast right now and I am getting a little apprehensive.

One thing I did not expect is my emotions. I never would have guessed I would be sad to leave this house. But there are moments of grief when I think about leaving. This was our first house, so maybe the sentiment still needs to wear off. Mostly the sadness is for my Mom...she loves me! what can I say?.... and she loves my kids just as much. Pray for her; this will be a big transition for her.

Those feelings are nothing compared to the excitement and joy and relief and encouragement and other 'good words' I can't think of right now. This has completely been a God whirlwind. I cannot sing a worship song without getting all choked up about how God has been so good to us. If I start to sing 'Mighty To Save' by Hillsong, I lose it. God has been so intentional about the happenings in our life, I am proud to call myself a follower of Christ and these moments validate that God's primary relationship with Believers is his Fatherhood. He is the best kind of father to have. Thanks Dad!

1 comments:

Laci Strickland said...

It's been great to watch all that God is doing with your family here from the outside..So glad to hear that the house is sold and you are close to coming! We are still praying for the last of your support to be raised :)
Laci